Now Available – The Embedded Engineering A501+ Rev1.1 1MB Memory Expansion for your A500+/A500
Photo of Revision 1.1 Board (w/Battery) Installed in an Amiga 500+
- Revision 1.1 Board uses 4-layer PCB, and is smaller in size (functionality is the same as Rev 1.0)
- 1MB of RAM installed. This will add 1MB of “chip” RAM to an Amiga 500+ or 512KB of additional RAM to a standard Amiga 500 (it can be used as chip RAM on a standard 500 if you have the correct Fatter Agnus chip installed and jumper changes)
- Real-Time clock circuit using a CR1225 lithium cell for months of time retention OR a 1.5 Farad “SuperCapacitor” which will hold time for 2+ weeks but never needs to be replaced.
- Cuttable trace (and pads to install a jumper if desired) on board to disable the on-board clock (for A500+ owners)
- Optional pads on circuit board if you want to remove the battery holder and install a “Super Capacitor” instead for a lifetime of operation without battery changes.
Pricing: $30 USD w/included battery + shipping costs OR $35 USD with SuperCapacitor ($3 for US, $12.50 international)
Purchase for US – Revision 1.1 with SuperCap
Purchase for International Customers – Revision 1.1 with SuperCap
A501+ Rev 1 Users Guide
How to disable on-board clock on A500+ motherboard to use the expansion clock instead: http://nwretrorepair.com/?page_id=61
How to enable 1MB of CHIP RAM on a standard A500: http://nwretrorepair.com/?page_id=66
Photos of Previous Revision 1.0: